New Jersey Bariatric Center® accepts most insurances, but we do not participate with Medicaid or NJ FamilyCare. Since bariatric coverage for each individual policy varies by company and employer, our staff will determine your exact coverage prior to your first appointment. Visit our contact page to request a bariatric benefits verification or call us at 908-481-1270.
Is bariatric surgery covered by insurance?
For many people, weight loss surgery – gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, gastric band – is an affordable health option because it is covered by their health insurance plan. However, while medical benefits usually cover the majority of the surgical costs, there may be out-of-pocket expenses depending on the procedure and your specific policy. Our navigators have a very high authorization success rate; we are able to work with many insurance companies to authorize and pay for most of the hospital charges and surgeon fees. Our preference is for you to use your insurance to avoid the significant hospital and other related costs.
What if I do not have bariatric benefits or am interested in a procedure, such as gastric balloon, that is not covered by insurance?
At New Jersey Bariatric Center®, we believe that insurance barriers shouldn’t stand in the way of your good health. There are several reasons why you may choose to finance your bariatric surgical procedure, including:
- Some health insurances do not fully cover the cost of bariatric surgery
- You have a high deductible policy
- You have a Medicaid product
- You are uninsured
- You would like to have a procedure that is not covered by insurance companies
If any of these apply to you, New Jersey Bariatric Center® participates with two different options for patient financing:
- CareCredit – GE Money company, CareCredit may also be used for any bariatric surgery procedure, including gastric balloon, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass or revision surgery. CareCredit works just like a credit card, but is exclusive for healthcare services. You can finance 100 percent of the procedure cost, insurance co-pay or deductible and you will receive notification of approval within minutes. Simply go to CareCredit.com for more details and to learn how to apply.
- GreenSky Patient Solutions – GreenSky Patient Solutions offers unsecured loans with fixed interest rates. GreenSky also offers promotional offering with deferred interest benefits so you do not have to pay for your procedure out of pocket all at once. Visit Greensky.com for details and contact our office for referral codes if you choose to apply.
You should weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each of the plans and carefully make the decision that is best for you. If you still have questions regarding these options, we recommend seeking advice from a financial professional.