A board certified general surgeon with specialty training in bariatric surgery and advanced minimally invasive surgery, Dr. Angela Jack Glasnapp is Director of Bariatric Surgery at CarePoint Christ Hospital in Jersey City, New Jersey. She earned her medical degree from New York Medical College in Valhalla, New York and then completed her surgical residency training at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York City. After residency, Dr. Glasnapp completed a one-year fellowship in advanced minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at the Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla.
Dr. Glasnapp performs a wide variety of laparoscopic bariatric procedures, including gastric bypass, gastric adjustable banding, sleeve gastrectomy, single-incision and robotic-assisted bariatric surgery. In addition, she performs minimally invasive esophageal, diaphragmatic and hernia repair surgeries.
Dr. Glasnapp is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, American Medical Association and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- State University of New York
Albany, New York
Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Allegheny University of the Health Sciences
Masters of Science in Biology
- New York Medical College
Valhalla, New York
Doctor of Medicine
Postdoctoral Training & Surgical Residency
- St. Vincent’s Hospital
Department of Surgery
New York, New York
- Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery
Westchester Medical Center
Valhalla, New York
Laparoscopic & Bariatric Fellowship
- Laparoscopic Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Revision of Failed Bariatric Surgery
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Adrenalectomy (removal of adrenal gland)
- Appendectomy (removal of the appendix)
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Colon Resection (for colon cancer, diverticulitis or polyps)
- Hernia Repair (inguinal & ventral)
- Nissen Fundoplication (treatment of acid reflux)
- Heller Myotomy (treatment of achalasia)
- Splenectomy (removal of spleen)
- Overlook Medical Center
99 Beauvoir Avenue
Summit, NJ 07902
- RWJ Medical Center, Somerset Campus
110 Rehill Ave.
Somerville, NJ 08876
- Christ Hospital
176 Palisade Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07306
- JFK Medical Center
65 James Street
Edison, NJ 08820
- Morristown Medical Center
100 Madison Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
- De Csepel J, Jack A, El-Sabrout R, Butt K. Overcoming Diabetic Gastroparesis En Route to Kidney Transplant. Clin Transplant. 2006;20:258-260.
- Jack A, Boyes C, Alam K, Wallack M. The Treatment of Melanoma with an Emphasis on Immunotherapeutic Strategies. Surg Oncol. 2006; Jul; 15(1):13-24.
- Aydin N, Jack A, Boyes C, Deenadayalan S, Alam K, Allen J, Torres B, Llames L and Wallack M. Expression of Melanoma-Associated Antigens in Human Dendritic Cells Pulsed with an Interleukin-2-Gene Encoded Vaccinia Melanoma Oncolysate (rIL-2VMO). Cancer Biol Ther. 2006; Dec; 5(12) 1654-7.
- Jack AM, Aydin N, Montenegro G, Alam K, Wallack M. A Novel Dendritic Cell-Based Cancer Vaccine Produces Promising Results in a Syngenic CC-36 Murine Colon Adenocarcinoma Model. J Surg Res. 2007; May 15; 139(2):164-9.
- AD Kalani, A Jack, G Montenegro, J Degliuomini, MK Wallack. Immunotherapy as an Adjuvant Therapy in the Management of Advanced, Surgically Resected, Melanoma. G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2008; 143: 59-70.
- Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)