Dr. Sampath Subramaniam is a board-certified, fellowship-trained bariatric and general surgeon with specialty training in advanced minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Subramaniam completed his residency in general surgery at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, New York, and went on to complete a fellowship in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore and Northwest Hospital, Randallstown, Maryland.
Dr. Subramaniam received additional extensive training in the United Kingdom and New Zealand after having earned his medical degree at Madras Medical College, Chennai, India.
Dr. Subramaniam was a clinical assistant professor in the surgery residency program at the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is a member of the Society of the American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and a candidate member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- Madras Medical College
Postdoctoral Training & Surgical Residency
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
Department of Surgery
Bronx, New York
- Sinai Hospital
Laparoscopic & Bariatric Fellowship
- Laparoscopic Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band
- Revision of failed Bariatric Surgery
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Adrenalectomy (removal of adrenal gland)
- Appendectomy (removal of the appendix)
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Colon Resection (for colon cancer, diverticulitis or polyps)
- Hernia Repair (inguinal & ventral)
- Nissen Fundoplication (treatment of acid reflux)
- Splenectomy (removal of spleen)
- Overlook Medical Center
99 Beauvoir Avenue
Summit, NJ 07902
- RWJ Medical Center – Somerset Campus
110 Rehill Ave.
Somerville, NJ 08876
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metobolic and Bariatric Surgery, candidate member
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons