Healthier Halloween Candy
From chocolate to licorice to lollipops and hard candy, it’s hard to say no to our favorite sweet treats at Halloween. But what if you could approach it in a healthier way?
Our team of registered dietitians have put together a list of tasty Halloween treats that are low in sugar. Try choosing 2 small items that will leave you feeling satisfied without setting you on a path to overindulging.
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bars: This is a great option for those who enjoy the peanut, caramel goodness of Snickers Bars. The Unreal brand uses 40% less sugar and organic ingredients.
- Smart Sweets Peach Rings: If you prefer something more fruity, these Peach Rings may be an option. Smart Sweets Peach Rings have 88% less sugar than traditional peach rings and only 3g per serving
- Quest Peanut Butter Cups: This is a peanut butter cup with added protein. Protein helps to keep you full for a longer period of time.
- Golly Lolli’s: If you like hard candy, Project 7’s new Golly Lolli’s are a great option for you with only 4g of net carbs (total carbs minus fiber) per serving.
- Lily’s Chocolate Covered Almonds: For those craving something a little bit more crunchy, Lily’s no-sugar added dark chocolate covered almonds are the perfect match. Not only are almonds a great source of protein, but the sugar-free chocolate coating will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
We hope you found that these Halloween Candy options can help you celebrate the bariatric-friendly way. For more “tricks” on how to tackle Halloween, check out our blog.