I recently bought an air fryer and have been trying out different recipes. My family and I absolutely love breaded chicken. If you fry the chicken in a pan, you’ll generally need a ton of oil which can add up a lot in calories and fat. In the air fryer, you only need a few tablespoons for the entire recipe. Also, if you cut the bread crumbs in half and add almond flour, it’s a great way to reduce the carbohydrates. This recipe is super easy and only requires a few ingredients.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10, 3 oz. very thin chicken breasts/tenderloins
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl.
- Mix bread crumbs, almond flour, and oil together in a second bowl until mixture becomes loose and crumbly.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the bowl of egg and shake off any residual egg. Dip chicken into the crumb mixture, making sure it is evenly and fully covered. Lay chicken tenderloins into the basket of the air fryer. Cook until no longer pink in the center, ~ 12 minutes. An instant read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.