NJBC Eats: Easy Rosemary Chicken Salad
I was getting tired of eating the same thing for lunch everyday so I decided to make my own chicken salad. This chicken salad recipe which provides you with over 20g of protein can be a delicious addition to your weekly lunch menu. You can turn this simple recipe into chicken salad lettuce wraps, enjoy it with cucumbers or celery and more. If you don’t like fresh rosemary, fresh dill is a great alternative that I have also used.
Easy Rosemary Chicken Salad
Yield: 5 servings
- 3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about ¾ pound)
- 2 scallion chutes, diced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayo (or you can use mayo made with olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well.
- Place about 2/3 cup of chicken salad in lettuce wraps or spread on top of cucumbers or celery.