NJBC Eats: Grilled Chicken Kebobs
By Karen Kelly, R.D. | May 11, 2021
These Grilled Chicken Kebobs are a classic, healthy and delicious summertime meal. Use vegetables that you already have on hand or opt for a combination of a few different ones.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- Place the olive oil, coconut aminos, honey, garlic and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken, bell peppers, zucchini and red onion to the bowl. Toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes. This will ensure that the skewers don’t burn on the grill. Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
Karen Kelly, RD, is a registered dietitian at New Jersey Bariatric Center, a medical & surgical weight loss center with offices in Springfield, Somerville, Hoboken, East Brunswick, Hackettstown and Sparta, New Jersey. She provides pre-operative and post-operative nutritional counseling to New Jersey Bariatric Center’s Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve, LAP-BAND (gastric band) and revision patients, in addition to dietary counseling for patients in our Medical Weight Loss program.