NJBC Eats: Karen's Chicken Cacciatore
With the weather cooling down and schedules filling up fast, crock pot meals can be the most convenient way to get a healthy meal on the table. There’s nothing quite like a warm, home-cooked dinner after a busy day and this healthy Chicken Cacciatore is the perfect dish!
This meal is a huge hit with my family. The veggies are soft, the chicken is tender and it’s packed with flavor! I love to enjoy this Chicken Cacciatore as is or serve it over cauliflower rice. The leftovers also make for a great meal prepped lunch.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small package of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Better than Bullion
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to crock pot- cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. (Times may vary depending on crock pot.)
- Eat as is or serve over cauliflower rice, enjoy!
Calories: 208cal, Total Fat: 2.7g, Saturated Fat: 0.7g, Cholesterol: 84.1mg, Sodium: 115mg, Carbohydrates: 9.8g, Fiber: 1.9g, Sugar: 4.5g, Protein: 35g