NJBC Eats: Salmon with Mango Salsa
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy recipe that’s perfect for this time of year, this is it! Not only is salmon high in protein but it’s a good source of omega-3’s, B vitamins, potassium, selenium, antioxidants and so much more. Pair it with a sweet and citrusy mango salsa for extra flavor. This meal is a great option for the whole family.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (3oz)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Brush olive oil on salmon fillets and sprinkle salt and pepper. Place fillets on a baking sheet and bake for ~15 minutes or until salmon just flakes.
- While salmon is in the oven, in a medium bowl combine onion, jalapeno, mangoes, cilantro, lime juice, cucumber, and avocado.
- Remove salmon from the oven, place salsa over salmon fillets and serve.