Pantry Staples + Tips for Eating Healthy During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Now, more than ever, is a great time to make our health a priority. With the outbreak of COVID-19, stocking up on pantry essentials is even more important as we adjust to the limited access to restaurants and social gatherings. When deciding what to stock up on, protein should be a main focus. To make it easy, we’ve compiled a list of pantry staples and meal ideas to help get you through this difficult time.
Pantry Essentials to Stock Up On
- Chicken, salmon, turkey burgers and lean ground beef. Look for protein that you can keep in the freezer
- Cans of tuna and chicken. Keep shelf stable cans of tuna and chicken for a quick meal
- Fresh vegetables and fruit. Freeze any fresh vegetables/fruit that might go bad before you can use them
- Greek Yogurt or cottage cheese is a great high protein snack or breakfast
Healthy Meal Options
- Make a protein shake/smoothie recipe that you love with your favorite protein powder. Add flavored protein shakes like Premier to your coffee to make a high protein flavored latte.
- Make tuna or chicken salad with a small amt of mayo and/or plain Greek yogurt and eat with any vegetables you have available. You can find a quick and easy recipe here.
- Make a high protein pasta meal: Black bean or chickpea pasta and a sugar-free canned tomato sauce. Click here for recipe ideas.
For more healthy meal ideas, click here.