Healthy Summer Grilling
During the Summertime I really enjoy grilling for my family. I like to include lean protein such as chicken and steak along with nutrient dense veggies with our meals. Recently I grilled some pre-marinated chicken that we found at Whole Foods, flank steak, bell peppers and onions plus some jalapeno to kick things up a notch.
The best thing about cooking on the grill is that you can get creative. If you don’t love peppers and onions, try zucchini, eggplant or any veggie of your choice. Test out different seasoning combinations to find your favorite. Here’s my recipe:
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced + seeds removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 flank steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package FreeBird Pollo Asado Marinated Chicken (found at Whole Foods)
- 1 lime
- Slice all veggies and add to a bowl with olive oil and salt, pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Add all steak and chicken to the grill first. Then add veggies and cook to your desired doneness.
- Finish everything off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve.